Monday, March 23, 2009

Once Upon a Time

My four year old is into fairy tales as of late.
R.e.a.l.l.y into fairy tales.
She wants to hear them over and over, with enthusiasm each time. This got me thinking, a dangerously crafty pastime of mine I know.

I should put down in illustration what my favorite tales mean to me. I always envisioned each fairy tale, whether it be Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson, or Lewis Caroll in my own vibrant way. These are the beginning of my fairy land excursions.

*Careful, you just might become attached that you won't be able to part with them. In that case, just click on the picture to make all your dreams come true.*

Alice in Wonderland:

Alice in the Flower Garden

In all her adventures, I like to think Alice spent the longest in the flower garden amongst her favorite pink and purple tulips.



Little Red Riding Hood:

Little Red Riding Hood Pauses to Chat with Mr. Robin

On her way to Grandma's cottage in the woods, Little Red Riding Hood finds time to pause in her walk, to chat to Mr. Robin. His news is not good!



The Princess and The Pea

The Princess Tries to Sleep A Loft the Mattresses In Spite of the Dreaded Pea

Mattress galore and down comforter tucked, the lovely princess desperate for a wink of sleep, nestles in, trying to resume her beauty rest. The Pea will have none of it!



And if you so choose they are available at my Etsy and Artfire shops.

3 comments:

Alayna said...

These are great! I am awed by your talent!

erin said...

Hello! I am dropping by from the UBP (blog hoppin)! My name is Erin and it is very nice to meet you. Please stop by my blog for some UBP fun from now through Friday. There will be yummy party food recipes, fun Easter crafts, beauty tips, and lots more. I am aslo giving away some cute things from my etsy shop. I make custom childrens clothing and hair accessories. Please stop by! By the way, your blog is Adorable! Just LOVE it!!!

Erin

rich and steph said...

How cool is that!!! I would never think to do that. Thanks for sharing.